Many people know nothing about RV park investing. But others are aware of the opportunity. And if you are one of those people, the big question is if you are going to take action on that desire in 2022, or let another year pass without exploring the possibilities of building financial independence with one of these properties.
Why buy an RV park?
There are many key reasons to buy an RV park that include:
- • High rates of return (typically targets of at least 20% cash-on-cash return per year).
- • Room to further increase revenue and profitability with better marketing and renewed enthusiasm.
- • Seller financing in many cases.
- • The ability to live in the RV park and self-manage if that interests you.
- • The ability to get paid twice: once with monthly distributions and a second time when you sell.
- • The chance to be your own boss.
- • Creating an income stream that can lead to financial independence.
- • Building a generational asset for your family.
How do you get started?
To be a professional-quality buyer of RV parks requires a knowledge of the correct way to identify, evaluate, negotiate, perform due diligence on, renegotiate, finance, turn-around and operate these properties. Additionally, you will have to start making lots of offers on existing RV parks and making contacts with industry brokers and bankers. It basically requires “immersion” in this investment sector since it has no parallel really in any other real estate niche.
How big is the opportunity?
There are around 13,000 dedicated RV parks in the U.S. That’s not that many. By comparison there are literally millions of apartment complexes in the U.S. It’s this imbalance in supply and demand that creates much of the opportunity in this sector. The bottom line is that RV parks are relatively small in number and extremely valuable as a result.
How long is the window of opportunity?
Because of the reduced size, there is a definite sense of urgency to buy an RV park now if you’re going to. And that window of opportunity will not last long due to several reasons:
- • The relatively small number of dedicated RV parks in the U.S.
- • The aging of the original mom and pop owners, who are normally in the 70s or 80s at this point.
- • The fact that most deals close due to strong financing interest by lenders.
- • The visibility of RV park ownership that is gaining traction.
RV park ownership may be a great opportunity for you – but are you giving it the attention it deserves? The New Year is here and if you are interested in RV park ownership, this could be your shot if you take action. Learning about how the industry works is the correct initial building block. Our RV Park Investing Home Study Course is the bible of the industry on the correct way to identify, evaluate, negotiate, perform due diligence on, renegotiate, finance, turn around and operate RV parks. It’s based on 25 years of real-life experience and scientific testing used to build roughly the 5th largest RV and mobile home park portfolio in the U.S.